The Global Food Challenge – Emerging Leaders for Food Security is one of the ways we’re taking on global hunger and the challenge of feeding 9 billion people – together with a group of exceptional and passionate college students.
- Every year, students from a variety of educational backgrounds at partner universities* submit a one-minute video application to Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- Land O’Lakes will select 10 or more exceptional college sophomores to be Emerging Leaders for Food Security.
- We match Emerging Leaders with a professor or academic mentor to explore critical food security issues and agricultural challenges through the school year as students complete challenge assignments.
- Emerging Leaders receive a stipend and an 11-week paid summer internship to work with industry experts at Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- To learn about hunger, agriculture and sustainability, students travel to key Land O’Lakes locations, Washington, D.C., and rural African communities.
- Emerging Leaders then present final projects at the close of the internship year.
- Audrey Sebastian, Emerging Leader, 2016-2017
Students from 6 partnering universities*
Aug. 24 – Oct. 30, 2017
for a paid internship
Emerging Leaders explore food security, travel to D.C., Africa and more!
*The 2016-2017 six partner universities are Iowa State University, George Washington University, Northwestern University, Purdue University, University of Minnesota and University of Wisconsin-Madison.